The 1996-2002 Toyota 4Runner was an excellent vehicle off the showroom floor over a decade ago, and Toyota’s reputation for reliability and performance continues to draw the attention of both hardcore off-road enthusiasts and newcomers to the “3rd Gen” platform to this day. The ability to purchase one of these vehicles at a reasonable price and effectively rebuild it with performance-oriented aftermarket components has created a segment in which ICON can truly stand out from the rest. Recognizing this, ICON Vehicle Dynamics is proud to introduce several performance suspension systems that will significantly increase the on and off-road performance of the 1996 – 2002 Toyota 4Runner.
ICON engineers have assessed the 3rd Gen 4Runner front to back in an effort to develop components that work together to extract maximum performance out of the vehicle. As a result, fitment and function are spot-on, and ICON’s trademark of performance and quality comes standard. Once these components were prototyped and thoroughly tested, ICON organized them into several unique “systems” ranging from a baseline Stage 1 to an all-out Stage 5 setup.
These staged systems were developed to provide optimal performance for several unique driving styles, but features like ICON-engineered coil springs, fully serviceable shock absorbers, vehicle-specific shock valving, FK Rod End bearings, and high quality CNC-machined components are found in every layout. As the stages increase, more robust components and additional technology such as remote reservoir shocks, tubular steel upper control arms, and ICON’s CDC (Compression Damping Control) Valve are introduced to further increase the performance of the 4Runner.
ICON products are all proudly made in the USA at our Southern California-based facility by a team of passionate off-road enthusiasts. With our reputation for quality, performance, and service, it’s clear that ICON Vehicle Dynamics is the top choice for performance suspension systems and shock absorbers for the 1996-2002 (3rd Gen) Toyota 4Runner.
- Increased wheel travel and ride quality over stock
- Decreased body roll
- Vehicle-specific tuned front and rear shocks provide superior damping and control
- Coilovers are adjustable from 0-3″ of lift height
- Shocks are fully rebuildable and revalveable
- Corrosion resistant CAD plated coilover shock body with 7/8″ shaft
- FK Rod End bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- CDCV technology allows for quick and easy compression damping adjustment
- CNC machined 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum components
- Bolt-on design makes for straightforward install
- Made in the USA